Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Taco Chili

It got cold in Oklahoma today and I've been sick all weekend. I meant to make just regular taco meat for my taco salad but it came out soupy today. Guess my inner chef told me to make it like a chili, cause that's what I turned up with today and it turned out pretty good. I'm now really trying to lose weight so recipes will probably follow a bit of that but even if you're not on a diet this turned out good (and feel free to substitute beef for the ground turkey). This is also for a big batch (we had been to Sam's and got the ground turkey there).

Taco Chili (serves: 8-10)


Ingredients: 
2 lbs Lean Ground Turkey (or Lean Ground Beef)
2 packages of Taco Seasoning
1 (15 oz.) can Diced Tomatoes w/ Chilis (we did the Hot but it does make it really spicy feel free to use original or mild) I.E. Rotel Hot
1 (15 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
 1 1/4 cup water (or more if you want it a bit soupier)

Directions:
Brown ground turkey. Drain.
Add water and seasonings and stir til seasoning covers the turkey. Bring to a boil.
Add both cans of tomatoes. Simmer until heated through.

It's that easy!
I still made mine on a salad and topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms on a bed of lettuce and some salsa and additional jalapenos.
Eat as a soup and top with cheese and sour cream
My husband used a slotted spoon so the liquid drained and still made tacos with his.

No comments:

Post a Comment